Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Match.com apparently has me on their poop list

I know, I know, I'm terrible at updating. Hell, I don't think I've logged into to Blogger for at least a month, so I have no idea what anyone else has been up to, so now I feel extra guilty.

Not much has changed – had my eyelid surgery back in September, only to find that the original stitches didn't hold so she had to go back and fix it last Friday. ("One little stitch" turned into many more stitches, so my eye was hugely swollen and bloodshot for 3 days. Super sexy.)

I also bit the bullet and bought a three month match.com subscription, but right now I am UBER pissed at the website. I think I originally made the profile when I was like 25, but hid it for 5 years because I wasn't an active subscriber. After my umpteenth failure on OKCupid, I thought it wouldn't hurt to purchase a few months' worth to see if the theory that paying for a dating service would yield more quality guys.

I went on one date that was just okay – good, but I wasn't really feeling anything. He was perfectly nice and normal, and we had a good time, but I just didn't really feel any sort of connection.

It probably doesn't help that Match keeps fucking up my account. Right after my date, my account was suddenly locked – I couldn't log in at all. I sent an email to customer service, they restored access, and everything was fine for a week. The next weekend the exact same thing happened. And then a week later, it happened AGAIN! By the second time I requested that they credit me for the days I was locked out, and the third time I asked the CSR *why* I kept getting locked out... he claimed it was because emails that were sent to me were bounced, which is complete B.S. – I keep getting Stir event notifications in my inbox, so it's obviously working! The annoying part is that when they do restore my account access, they don't notify me by email, and they also switch my profile to "Hidden."

Just now I uploaded a new photo, went back to my dashboard, and guess what? Yup, you guessed it – locked out. It literally was only about 30 seconds before I was kicked off. This is at least the fifth time it's happened. At this point I am so frustrated with the site, not only because I only get emails and winks from 45 year old guys living 50+ miles away, but I can't seem to use it for more than a few days before I get kicked off.

I don't want to give up on using the site, but it's not exactly useful when I'm constantly disappearing from it. I'm tempted to ask them to cancel that account and let me make a new profile (*and* give me subscription credit!) to see if that fixes the issue.

It'll also solve the problem of me using the "Daily Match" feature, which apparently emails the guys you've clicked "Yes" on to let them know you're interested! That was not my intention... I really just thought it Favorite'd them the way anonymously... nope. Way to tip my hand, Match.

No comments:

Post a Comment