Wednesday, February 5, 2014

When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep

I don't know if it's the craptastic weather we're having, the fact I'm depressed (partially due to said weather), or getting older, but I am TIRED. And my scumbag body declared this week to be Insomnia Week, so I also can't sleep. My feet are always cold, but then my body gets hot, and I end up tossing and turning to get to sleep and then waking up several times during the night -- too hot, too cold, stupid neighbors' cats upstairs making a racket, etc.

It doesn't help that I'm bored. Bored enough to wallow in some self-pity and feed the internal demon known as Doubt that I wasn't good enough for Aiden (shut UP, overthinking brain! You're not helping!), and yet still not motivated enough to log onto OKCupid and start being proactive about this online dating schtick.

Plus I'm really craving a doughnut right now, and having a Dunkin Donuts in my office lobby is not helping. The only thing that's keeping me from getting one is the fear of it going straight to my ass, plus knowing that Girl Scout cookies are set to arrive soon, and those will be taunting me every day for a month. Being a former fat kid really f***s with your psyche sometimes.




Post title song reference: "Fix You" - Coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment