Friday, February 8, 2013

I'm waiting for this cough syrup to come down

After last weekend's incredibly bad decision, I am more than content to stay in and veg out on the couch for the next two nights. It's probably a good thing, since I am currently battling some sort of cold/bronchitis brought on by -- get this -- accidentally inhaling a chunk of salsa on Monday. Somehow it managed to bring on a spat of coughing that wouldn't quit, which somehow formed into a cold/bronchitis.

Under orders from my medical genius sister, I went to the doctor and came home with an Advair inhaler and prescription for Albuterol to prevent this thing from evolving into chronic asthmatic bronchitis, which is precisely what happened to me several years ago... not fun.

Anyway, I'm sitting here watching Tron: Legacy on TV, which is actually fascinating to me as I've never seen the original one. And as a computer nerd, I'm catching all these funny computer references in the movie -- such as, the program opponents in the game arena had names like "Cray" (a 1970s supercomputer), the Unix commands Sam (who is DAMN HOT!) types into the basement computer, and Rinzler/Tron makes this funny clicking noise that's supposed to indicate his corrupted data -- much like how a hard drive starts to clunk/click when it fails. Also, as a former orchestra dork, the score is pretty damn good with Daft Punk added.

Annnnd that's about it. Not much else to report. Anyone watch The Americans?




Post title song reference: "Cough Syrup" - Young the Giant

1 comment:

  1. Oof, hope you feel better! I spent my crazy friday night a) taking a nap and b) going to the gym at 9:30pm. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete