Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Another tragic case

Arrrgghh.

Remember Blake from Christmas? Well, he's engaged to the mean girlfriend.

I mean, it's not a huge shock, but at the same time, I get the feeling like he did it in an effort to fix his problems. Sorry dude, but getting married is not going to fix the fact that you hate your job, you hate the city you live in (and she still won't consider relocating so he can get a better job), and you have very few friends as a result of moving across the country to be with said girl who wasn't that into you from the get-go.  Also, from the stories I've heard, she's manipulative, greedy, and controlling, and I have a feeling the ensuing Bridezilla is going to be of massive proportions. Poor guy... I really don't think he *really* knows what he's getting himself into.

The other thing that's bothering me is that there's something very unbalanced about all of it. I think nearly all of my FB friends changed their profile photos of themselves with their fiancés (that, or their ring) within a day of being proposed to – and for good reason! You're getting married, you should be sweet and cheesy and romantic about it on FB (much to us grumpy singletons' chagrin). Yet her photo is still of her and her friend in a "biyatch, I'm fabulous" pose.

Then, there's the tweeted Instagram pic of her perfectly manicured left hand (good timing?) with the hashtags "#diamonds #love." I can also thank Twitter for her tweeting, "Finally!" with the announcement. I guess we know what her priorities are... diamonds and a wedding. [Insert McKayla Maroney "Not Impressed" meme here.]

I'm not going to hide the fact that I'm disappointed that I missed out. But at the same time, it sucks just a bit more because she's just not a nice person, and I think I'm generally a nice person. So where's my prince? ;-)

Anyway, I'm headed to an "Anti-Valentine's Day" singles party on Thursday. I actually like Valentine's Day, even though I'm always single on it, because I lurrvve chocolate, and I used to make all my friends little bags of candy and cards every year. Now all my friends are in relationships or married, so I'm going to get off my butt and go have some fun. And then maybe buy some candy at CVS on the way home. ;)





Post title song reference: "Head on Collision" - New Found Glory

1 comment:

  1. Disappointing, but these men make their choices and they have to live with the aftermath!

    Have an awesome time at the anti V-Day party! :)

    ReplyDelete