Monday, December 17, 2012

Ready, set, no

I'm starting to get really, really tired of meeting guys who at first seem to be single, but are actually in relationships. Case in point: I was at my office's Christmas party on Friday, and was talking with one of our new hires. He's super nice and cute. I find out later that he's fucking MARRIED and his wife is pregnant. However, he doesn't wear a wedding ring. What. The. Eff.

I've always maintained that there needs to be some sort of visual indicator that a guy is single or taken. Like those Stoplight Parties that were popular in college, people need to start making it blatantly obvious if they're available or not.

If you're in a committed relationship (whether it be marriage, had the DTR-talk-agreement, whatever), you need to be branded appropriately. Wedding ring, nametag, blinking red light on your crotch, whatever -- there needs to be some sort of visible sign that you're unavailable. It pisses me off to no end to meet a perfectly nice guy, only to find out half an hour later that he has a girlfriend. That's half an hour of flirting time that I've just completely wasted on a dude that's not on the market!

I'm not desperate to meet someone rightthissecond, but I hate inefficiency. (Not to mention getting my hopes shot down like a North Korean missile and feeling like a homewrecking dumbass.)

1 comment:

  1. People really need to be more open about their relationship status. I once went out with a guy who after kissing me goodnight informed me that he thought I'd get along really well with his GIRLFRIEND.

    ReplyDelete