Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Always moving on and on and on

Well, after my last two incredibly depressing blog posts (sorry guys), I'm feeling slightly better. Still, I hope karma will come deliver some form of payback to the girl who uninvited me to her birthday party in a pretty cowardly way.

Anyway, this week is strange because, like most people, I had Monday off, and Friday is telework days, so it's been almost like a three day work week. Although technically I didn't have Monday off by default, because my contracting firm sucks and we don't get all matching federal holidays. So all the non-standard holidays that my government counterparts automatically get off (Columbus Day, Veterans' Day, MLK Day, and Presidents' Day), we have to take the time off since we're not allowed in the office without a government worker present.

Which, for me, stinks because I really need to save up four days' of "floating holiday" (aka leave to use for those four "non-standard" holidays) time to supplement my limited vacation time of 13 days. (We also get 7 days' of sick leave per year that I rarely use, which stinks since we can't convert it to vacation or any sort of legal PTO.)

I always lament that I wish there was an easier way to transition from being a contractor to straight-workin'-for-the-gubment, because the benefits are significantly better. The pay may be lower, but the benefits make up for it in spades.

Rambling over. :)  I wanted to share this screenshot with you guys, because the randomest shit seems to happen to me on the interwebz:


I didn't realize using reCaptcha meant knowing Hebrew! (Unfortunately, I didn't think to click on the audio icon.)




Post title song reference: "New Way Home" - Foo Fighters

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better! I don't blame you for hoping a little bit of karma rolls around for people too cowardly to handle situations like adults. :/

    Anyway, I hate those are you human tests...I AM HUMAN and half the time I still can't read them, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame ya, either. Really hope she at least gives you an explanation but, with people like that, I wouldn't hold your breath. Hope today's better!

    ReplyDelete