Thursday, January 3, 2013

Somehow I've lost my mind

Heh. So D has resurfaced, after like 2 months of not talking to me. (I did sent him a "Merry Christmas!" text, because I was feeling festive at the time.) I haven't responded to his two sentence email yet, because it included the phrase "things seem to be constantly changing," and Facebook says he's still dating Jailbait. [Insert eyeroll here.] I also had a dream about him last night: he broke up with her because she wanted to get married, even though they've only been dating about a year and she's, oh, 21. Then he walked over to me and hugged me for about 10 minutes while she stood there. Awkward.

Anyway, I've managed to keep my mind off D by creepily FB-stalking a friend of a former co-worker's... whom (who?) I've never met. (Hey, we have four mutual friends, so I practically know him. Right.)  Facebook sucks because former co-worker show up in my newsfeed, so I noticed this mystery guy in a group photo with him. I slammed on the mouse brakes and thought, "Oh my HOTNESS, I have to meet this dude." Doesn't help that I can see all his profile photos so I know it's not a one-photo fluke... brown hair, blue eyes, and a pretty nice body. ;-)

Oh... and what's that, co-worker is in my circles on Google Plus and has mystery guy in HIS circles? I can't help but click on his profile and stare at amazement at his info, which links to Twitter (thus linking to Instagram) and ten Picasa albums, revealing he likes to road bike, ski, hike, and play guitar. (Virtually throws bra at screen.)  Oh, and LinkedIn says he works near my apartment (he's a second degree connection, so I don't feel entirely weird).

This is really, really annoying, because now I really want to meet him. And now I feel like a total creepy stalker for wanting to accidentally bump into him at some FB-invite event since, oh yeah, I can see those too on his profile. Fucking Facebook is making this way too easy. Thankfully, there are no upcoming event invites in his list (yet).

Is this what I've been reduced to? Constructing a prospective boyfriend through his various online profiles? Either he's a social media 'ho (which former co-worker is... dude is literally on everything) and/or doesn't care about his privacy, which still makes me feel even lecherous for flipping through almost all of his photos. There's Googling-before-a-date-because-he-might-be-a-convict stalking, and then there's me: "His brother's in a band, and if they play here in town, he's bound to be there!" Someone please slap me.

And, finally: I don't even know if this dude has a girlfriend. He could be gay! He could be a total asshole! He may think I'm an asshole if I ever meet him! But thanks to my deluded little mind, I'm lusting over him based on a handful of information and a bunch of photos.

Ye gods. I need to get myself back to the online dating world, because I cannot allow myself to think this way. I feel like such an idiot. (And please, please don't judge me.)

2 comments:

  1. No judgment here! I agree the often the internet offers entirely too much access to a person if they aren't super careful, and sometimes even if they are, LOL.

    I hope you accidentally bump into this guy sometime, even if just to satisfy your curiosity. In the meantime, join the online dating craziness again, like I have. It's always entertaining at the very least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No judgment here, either. It's just too easy to stalk people and everyone does it (though, not everyone admits it). Getting over exes has been considerably more difficult because of the stupid inter webs.

    ReplyDelete